Sunday 26 February 2012

Afraid of jinxing it ...

I'm almost afraid to type but days like this, well, they just have to be recorded, so here goes ...

I think my 'mood' changed two days ago, when I did the Blogger Challenge Week 2 and actively participated in the task I so often ask my clients to undertake - re-writing negatives and giving everything a positive slant. Well, I did it - and even if I say so myself, it appears to have worked. I really AM feeling more positive - and that has translated into positive action and behaviour, so Hurrah! This was reinforced last night, when I went to a wonderful Girlies Only Evening at a friend's house. We had to wear the 'colour' we thought we were as a person - and it was fascinating. We then had a ritual burning of negative thoughts (from paper onto a fire, which transformed them!). Then, to top off the evening, there was a penny wishing well - and yes, I used up quite a few pennies!! LOL

This morning, I got up early and it's been wonderful. The weather is like springtime - beautiful blue skies and temperatures to match - glorious. I left for my pre-circuit training run. I'd planned a tentative 10k - keeping my knees firmly in mind - and the words of my acupuncturist ... to run 'in my body', i.e. listen and walk when required! Well, I astounded myself. I enjoyed a leisurely run with NO KNEE TROUBLE - for all of 11 and a half kilometres!!!! I am so happy I can't contain myself. I listened very carefully to my knees throughout but there were also sections of my run when I didn't think about my knees at all, and I was in pure Heaven!!! Oh, the joy of running pain free again. I'm so excited - but now it's crunchtime and I have to be extra extra careful this week not to get over-enthusiastic and overdo it. Gently, gently ... I can live on that 'run' for a couple of days at least ... Tomorrow? SMS in the gym and I will be rowing and spinning.

And of course, I can't NOT mention one of those circuit training sessions that just worked a dream. Six clients and it all just flowed. Of course, circuits generally flow - but some plans definitely flow better than others and this morning's session was smooth, smooth and they smashed it.

Almost forgot to mention that when I arrived back from my run, I did a quick skipping/burpee blast - just to boost my heart rate ... 50 skips/10 burpees/50 skips/9 burpees/50 skips/8 burpees ...... etc. It was short, sweet and the perfect end to my run.

Afterwards? A lovely cuppa on the seafront with my husband and eldest daughter - followed by an amazing breakthrough with my little girl, who conquered her massive fear of going to the shop on her own. She went all the way to Waterstones bookstore, bought herself a new book - and came all the way home! I am SO proud of her.

And ... and ... and ... yeah, I'm not finished! Incredible, huh? My wonderful friend Karla actually baked me some Lamingtons - yum! yum! yum!  I'd never heard of them before, until two of my Aussie friends suggested I should try them when I was really 'down' the other day. I admitted I hadn't a clue what they were talking about .... and Hey Presto! There they were today - all for me!!

Quick 12wbt NOTE:  Did I EAT THE LAMINGTONS?  Noooooooooooooooo!! I gave them to the kids for snack and yes, of course I had a small piece to taste. Wow! Yummy!

Now ....... how to make sure that the entire week ahead remains as positive and wonderful as today ...... BRING IT ON!! xx

2 comments:

  1. I was nodding along and smiling until I got to the lamington bit. I yelled nooooooooooo at my screen. Should have known you'd make a good choice after having such a winner of a day.

    And a massive thank you for the rower workouts. That's my tomorrow morning.

    Hope your whole week is as good as your today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say, your positivity is catchy :) I sat there reading your post and was just smiling throughout, I could feel the happiness radiating from my screen and I think I may have caught a wee little bit of it :)

    And well done on resisting the temptation of lamingtons. I'm not so sure I would have been able to!!

    ReplyDelete