Monday 13 February 2012

First Fitness Test + Workout ... A lesson in BELIEF!

I never believe in myself enough! Today was further proof of that, but the wonderful thing about being on 12wbt is that this is MY journey and instead of having my lack of self-belief thrown at me by friends bored of saying 'I could've told you that ....', I've been able to quietly smile and assess what I've done and what I've learned and simply gloat a little in my own small world and that, for me, is HEAVEN!! I'm really thrilled with what I've done today - and yes, I'm feeling proud and I can admit to that here in Ether-ville and celebrate in words alongside the other thousands of 12wbt-ers around the globe - and it feels amazing to be on MY journey just for a change, instead of on the bandwagon of all my wonderful clients. Of course, I don't begrudge my clients one single second of my time - but it's fabulously incredibly bloody marvellous to have found 12wbt and to be taking my own path down the fitness road.

So - what am I gloating about? Well, having only crept back to run/walking on the treadmill in the last week, after 3 weeks off while I did a bit of knee re-building and pampering, I really didn't think I was going to be able to do the time trial. I was dubious about all the other tests, too - knowing I could do them all, but not sure I would make 'advanced' level in any of them. I made it with ALL of them, though. I also threw in a 1 km TT on the rower because this is important for me if my knees don't behave. Up to now I've done 2k races but never 1 km so this was tricky as I just couldn't work out how to pace it, but now I have a benchmark and, well, BRING IT ON!!

Running TT:  4 mins 44 secs (max HR 168)
Rowing TT:  4:17.9  (max HR 171)
Push-ups: 32 (20 on toes, 12 knees)
Wall sit:  3 mins 1 sec
Ab stage:  4
Reach:  +8 cm

Oh, oh, oh, and you know what else? *cue jumping up and down and clapping hands in glee*    I managed the steady state run for 15 whole minutes (yes, I know, I run marathons - but this was my first steady 'anything' since I trashed my knees at Christmas, hence the excitement)

OK! Gloating over! Done! Finished! Time to stop thinking about me and wish all of YOU (12 wbt-ers) much much MUCH to gloat about over the course of the next 12 weeks. I can't wait to share your stories, excitement, achievements and hopefully be able to help you through the tough times too. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah hello! Well done you! I had a surprise visit from my brother at the weekend so didn't get my test done. I need to scope out the local running field which I will di today. Now, here's the thing... I think I'm going to do better in the running than I expected, better with the stretch, worse in the crunch and push up and I fully expect to smash the wall sit. I did some crunches this morning and wanted to cry, seriously, for what I've lost. It will be the same with push ups. No way on gods earth can I do 20 from toes anymore :( Makes me sad, angry and determined. If my legs are much worse than before I WILL cry. Being into mtb I had strong legs. We shall see and now you have my expectations here in writing. I have to be pleased that I can run though as I simply ruled it out for so long. I'm feeling like I see your heels up ahead so I have something to chase!! Lookout! And well done on e again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stats are great! (I know, I know, you've already worked hard for them). Glad to hear you're doing something for yourself, hopefully over the next 12 weeks I can get inspiration from your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete