Monday 20 February 2012

Blogger Challenge - ABOUT ME!

  1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.  What makes you, you?
Here we go, then ... I'm closing in on the big FIVE-OH - or is it closing in on me? I'm a mum of four amazing kids who make me proud and make me smile every single day. My favourite sports are running and kickboxing. I refuse to let age stop me doing anything, although my knees are not in agreement at all. AT ALL!!! I'm a PT, I adore my job, I'm passionate about what I do and I think/hope/have been told that I am motivating and, it seems, extremely persuasive. In short, I'm a persuasive and extremely stubborn cow who still thinks she's 30!
  1. Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?
I joined 12wbt to allow myself to be pushed and helped towards some of my own goals. I spend my working hours looking after everybody else and their goals, while my dreams of hitting new numbers on the scales, getting fitter, getting stronger ... were constantly being pushed to the bottom of the priority list. 12wbt brought my goals much higher up on the list where they're now written in red ink and very visible.
  1. What are you hoping to achieve through the program?
I want to feel proud of myself for seeing something through to completion. I want to feel fitter, stronger, proud of the way I eat and the way I see myself. I want to be able to give myself permission to feel good about myself - rather than expending all my energy on everybody else. Most of all, I just want the push to spend some time on myself and my own goals.
  1. Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (eg, food, exercise, a bit of everything?)
Blogging helps me consolidate what I'm learning and it gives me a feeling of achievement. As long as I'm blogging I know I'm making progress. Mostly, I blog about training, my training goals and focus and what I'm learning along the way. Occasionally, I hope to be able to help some people out with some more targetted blogs, too - like my recent Beginner's Guide to the Rowing Machine blog, requested by someone on the forum. If I can help anybody anywhere along the way, my job is done!
  1. How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture?
I'm a huge fan of outdoor exercise and I train my clients exclusively outdoors. I find it more creative and vitally important to re-learn how to love Nature and work with Her. I'll be combining my training with plenty of outdoor workouts, long-distance running and some regular gym sessions, which are currently vital while I strengthen my knees again.
  1. What is your greatest strength that will help you?
When I set my mind to something, nothing will stop me. I hope this is going to help me see the programme through all the way to the end.
  1. What are you afraid of?
The Finish Line. I get to within yards/metres of my finish lines and I turn tail and run back the way I came. I have a pathological fear of finishing. I think it stems from my mother teaching me to never try and be really good at one thing - just be happy with being reasonably good at lots of things. I've been fighting this psychological battle for years and am getting stronger and better at winning. I am VERY competitive, which is a good thing. It's just a matter of not bottling it in the last 500m.
  1. What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?
I am really looking forward to finishing every workout knowing I've done a good job, worked to max potential and taken a step closer to my goals. I've got some major goals in the next few months and this programme will, I know, play a big part in my success or downright failure in these events. I can't wait to feel the buzz of great nutrition, to welcome DOMS and to glow with a secret inner pride that comes from reaching for dreams.
  1. What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this?
My exercise is great until I spot that Finish Line Flag, so I need to watch out for that ---- but that's not going to be a problem this time round, is it? IS IT?? 
Food will be my downfall from time to time. I've got my red flag days clearly posted, but I can tell you now my target will have to be to work around them, because they WILL win. My goal will be to stop one red flag day turning into 5. That achievement in itself will make me happy. Same with red flag weekends. I need to make sure they don't flow into the following week! I don't have too many of them, so I am not going to stress and feel guilty over them. Portion sizes tend to be a problem for me - particularly in the evening. I aim to cook only what I'm about to eat and no more, so cooking meals to put in the fridge for lunch the following day will not be an option (basically, they won't make it to the fridge!!). 
  1. If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?
FINISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment